We are going to add some crocheting "tips" that we have learned while crocheting. (We will be constantly adding more as they come to us!)
1. The smaller your hook, the smaller the stitch. The larger the hook, the larger the stitch. So..... (onto Tip #2)
2. Patterns tell you the size of hook to use. The tip we have? Check the gauge. I crochet tighter than some people or looser than some. So, I sometimes have to use a different hook to match their pattern.
3. Want a lot of hooks on a cheap budget? Used a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. They have a package of hooks from size C-J for $13.99 which comes to something like $8.40. Not bad! Plus you have the hook sizes for most patterns.
4. Baby Booties usually use smaller needles (D-E Range for newborn sizes)
5. G-H seems to be one of the most common Hook sizes for hats, diaper covers, etc.